Thank you for being part of this community
As we pause for Thanksgiving, I'd like to take a moment to express my sincere gratitude to you, the hard-working and dedicated members of The Missouri Bar.
Like the cast of characters around our extended family dinner tables this week, Missouri lawyers represent a wonderfully wide range of experiences and perspectives. As within families (especially on Thanksgiving!), within the Bar, we set aside our differences, optimize our diverse perspectives, and unite to advance our shared mission: to improve the profession and the administration of justice for all Missourians.
One of the greatest benefits of Bar service, for me, has been the genuine and otherwise unlikely friendships with lawyers outside my own bubbles. From our collaboration and collective success, I have learned that we really are in this life together.
I'm truly grateful for this Missouri Bar community, and I encourage you to explore its myriad resources to help you connect with other lawyers and make the most of your membership in the coming year.
Thank you for everything you do in service to your clients and communities.
Build your community
- Join a committee to learn from lawyers within similar practice areas, settings, or lived experiences
- Attend one of our conferences, such as Annual Meeting or MOSOLO, where you can learn from others facing the same unique challenges
- Volunteer with other lawyers to help the public understand more about our state's legal system or speak to students about the Constitution
- Share experiences with lawyers and clients across Missouri by writing for the Journal
- Find J.D. preferred jobs in the member portal
- Join or nominate a new leader for Leadership Academy to cultivate leadership skills
- Prioritize your health and well-being and encourage others to do the same
Stay up to date on the law
- Attend programs like the Annual Law Update, a full-day conference, or courses focusing on lawyer well-being
- Purchase deskbooks and guidebooks to use as reference while working on cases or preparing for trial
- Share your knowledge with other lawyers and earn CLE credit by presenting at MoBarCLE events
- Keep track of bills of interest with the Legislative Digest and stay informed on bills impacting the legal profession with the Government Relations Department
Law Practice Management resources
- Browse resources to help you build or manage a practice, including the white papers, checklists, comparison charts, and articles on The Missouri Bar's website
- Schedule free consultations or ask questions of legal experts at Affinity Insight
- Shop for insurance to protect you, your family, and your employees
- Access online legal research through Fastcase
- Use LawyerSearch to help potential clients find you
- Process client credit card payments using LawPay
Wishing you a multitude of blessings this Thanksgiving,