An overlooked connection: Recovery and the Rules of Professional Conduct
Learn during the Lawyers' Assistance Conference
What do the 12 steps of recovery and Missouri’s Rules of Professional Conduct for lawyers have in common? According to Lisa Hanna, a lot. Hanna will dive into the intersection of the two during the Missouri Lawyers’ Assistance Conference, Nov. 2, 2023.
“Attorneys may not appreciate that they are essentially working the 12 steps of recovery simply by virtue of practicing law and adhering to the Rules of Professional Conduct,” Hanna said.
In her plenary session, Hanna will share her personal story while mirroring the rules against the steps and diving into their similarities.
Hanna’s session is just one of many learning opportunities that will take place during the Lawyers’ Assistance Conference. Other programs include:
- Don’t lose your personal identity! You are more than just a lawyer
- The importance of sleep to our overall health
- Addressing silent disabilities in the workplace
- Trauma in the legal profession
- Stress management and well-being for attorneys and other human beings
Lawyers can register to attend the conference in person at The Missouri Bar Center or virtually. Attendees can earn 7.0 hours of MCLE. Register here.