Meet your 2022-23 Leadership Academy class
Twelve exceptional lawyers were recently selected to participate in the 2022-23 Missouri Bar Leadership Academy due to their outstanding leadership skills within their communities. Individuals selected for the program are:
- Quinn Benson, The Benson Law Firm LLC, Kirksville
- Brenlee Buerge, The McPherson Law Firm, Joplin
- Cailynn Hayter, Shook Hardy & Bacon, Kansas City
- Rob Huq, St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Office, St. Louis
- Shannon King, Lashly & Baer P.C., St. Louis
- Brendan Kottenstette, Missouri State Public Defender, St. Louis
- Erin Lueker, Sedey Harper Westhoff P.C., St. Louis
- Elizabeth McNulty, The Simon Law Firm P.C., St. Louis
- Brian Moody, Chambers of Hon. Patricia Breckenridge, Jefferson City
- Samuel Sherman, Sandberg Phoenix, Kansas City
- Keegan Tinney, Stricklen, Dreyer & Tinney P.C., Joplin
- Molly Wilson, Pratt & Grisham LLC, Springfield
Leadership Academy alumni Curtis Wilson and Angela Kennedy will serve as co-advisors of this year’s class.
The Missouri Bar Leadership Academy encourages diversity among the bar’s leadership by recruiting and targeting young lawyers or those recently admitted to the bar (under the age of 40 or those admitted for 10 years or fewer) who have already shown leadership qualities within their communities. Each class contains about a dozen lawyers who are diverse in terms of gender, race, practice area, and geography.
Leadership Academy classes participate in The Missouri Bar’s Annual Meeting, Board of Governors and committee meetings, and workshops designed to help the class learn more about the bar, develop leadership skills, and create a public service project. At the end of the year, class members commit to serve the bar in an active capacity for two years, such as serving on the Board of Governors, Young Lawyers’ Section Council, or committees, and presenting continuing legal education programs.
Congratulations to the 2022-23 Missouri Bar Leadership Academy class!