The Missouri Bar observes National Celebrate Pro Bono Week 2021
In 2020, Missouri lawyers provided over 12,141 hours of pro bono legal services,demonstrating the commitment our members have to equal access to justice for all. This week, The Missouri Bar observes National Celebrate Pro Bono Week to show our volunteers how much we appreciate their service to their communities.
How can you participate?
- Get involved: From committees and appointments to presenting CLE programs or writing for MissouriLawyersHelp.org, there are many ways to be involved as a member. Learn more here. We welcome your active participation.
- Rule 6.01: The Supreme Court of Missouri has approved revisions to Rule 6.01 that allow members to seek a waiver of annual enrollment fees in exchange for providing pro bono service and agreeing to not be compensated for any legal work performed during the waiver period.
- Missouri.FreeLegalAnswers.org: Our free online legal clinic is a vital resource for low-income Missourians. At Missouri.FreeLegalAnswers.org, citizen with civil legal concerns can ask questions—and you can log in and answer them when it is convenient for your schedule, while still helping others.
- Disaster Recovery Legal Assistance Hotline: Another option for volunteer service is The Missouri Bar's Disaster Recovery Legal Assistance Hotline: In the event of a natural disaster, The Missouri Bar can activate a special toll-free number to take requests for legal help from impacted Missouri residents. When appropriate, callers are referred to lawyers who offer a volunteer telephone consultation, providing free legal advice for disaster-related issues.
- Social media - Follow along with The Missouri Bar’s social media and blog posts this week to learn more about our Pro Bono Publico award winners and other ways you can get involved. Feel free to post your own pro bono successes using #CelebrateProBonoWeek and #MissouriLawyersHelp.
Hundreds of Missouri lawyers volunteer their time and expertise each year to help individuals who cannot afford to access legal services. This week, we thank all of those who have taken time out of their busy lives to assist others.
Help celebrate National Pro Bono Week this year by finding a way to use your unique skills to benefit your community.