Well-Being Week in Law will highlight five key areas of wellness
This May 2-6, as part of Well-Being Week in Law, The Missouri Bar’s Lawyers Living Well Special Committee will provide resources to help Missouri lawyers focus on their own wellness. It’s no secret that the practice of law can be overwhelming, and mental health and substance use issues are prominent in the profession.
Well-Being Week in Law is a national movement and event with the aim of raising awareness about mental health and encouraging action and innovation across the profession to improve well-being.
Each day of the week will focus on a different area of wellness, following the schedule below:
- Monday: Physical Well-Being, including a FREE CLE on sleep hygiene
- Tuesday: Spiritual Well-Being, including three virtual meditation sessions led by Missouri lawyers at 8 a.m., noon, and 4 p.m.
- Wednesday: Occupational and Intellectual Well-Being, including the opportunity to implement a Model Policy in your own firm
- Thursday: Social Well-Being, including a virtual morning coffee break at 9:30 a.m. with lawyers from across the state
- Friday: Emotional Well-Being, including tips for soothing anxiety and a mocktail demonstration to kick off the weekend
Throughout the event, Missouri lawyers and judges can expect opportunities for continued education; resources to carry well-being beyond the week and into daily life; and challenges to share about their own work-life balance habits.
To follow along and participate, watch for posts on MoBar.org and look for #MOLawyersLivingWell and #WellbeingWeekInLaw on social media. Lawyers who contribute to Well-Being Week in the Law by offering feedback will be entered into a drawing for a prize!