YLS Council elects new officers, Executive Committee members, continues community service during 2023 Annual Meeting
The Young Lawyers’ Section was very busy during The Missouri Bar’s 2023 Annual Meeting/Missouri Judicial Conference. On Thursday, during the last meeting of the 2022-2023 YLS Council year, they elected four council members to fill vacancies.
The elected council members include:
- District 8: Gunnar Johanson from St. Louis
- District 9: Elizabeth McNulty from St. Louis
- District 11: Andrew Peebles from Springfield
- Western Appellate District: Quinn Benson from Kirksville
On Friday, the council conducted the first meeting of the 2023-2024 council year. During this meeting, they elected new officers to serve from Sept. 2023 to Sept. 2024.
The newly elected 2023-2024 YLS Council officers are:
- Council Chair: Cortney VanOstran from St. Louis
- Chair-elect: Danielle Atchison from Kansas City
- Secretary/Treasurer: Keegan Tinney from Joplin
They also elected four new members to the Executive Committee:
- Madalyn Campbell from St. Louis
- Courtney Chen from St. Louis
- Sarah Ernst from Jefferson City
- Kamillia Scott from Kansas City
In addition to their regular meetings, YLS hosted a service project at Thelma’s Kitchen where members spent the morning preparing food, boxing lunches, and helping put together catering orders. Thelma’s Kitchen is a non-profit in Kansas City that utilizes volunteers to provide the local community with access to affordable food and provide a community gathering space.
For more information on The Missouri Bar Young Lawyers’ Section, click here.